With the arrival of spring, fresh fruit is everywhere at our local market. Combining fresh strawberries, oats, and cinnamon, we have a delicious oatmeal bar recipe this week. Oats are packed with fiber and nutrients, are naturally gluten free, are excellent for boosting metabolism, and keeping you full for longer.
Chewy, not too sweet, and full of bursting berries, these bars make the perfect breakfast, on-the-go snack, or dessert. Enjoy!
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars with Chocolate Drizzle
- 1 ½ cups organic oat flour
- 2 cups organic oats
- ⅔ cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp tapioca flour/oat flour
- ½ cup chopped chocolate I used sugar free dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp raw milk
- Preheat the oven to 350º F (176º C). Grease a 9×13" baking dish with butter. Mix all the ingredients for the oatmeal layer in a bowl. The mixture should not be too crumbly. If needed you can add extra melted butter. Mix the strawberries, lemon, sugar, and choice of thickening flour. Press a layer of the oat mixture in the bottom of the baking dish (roughly half), and then pour the strawberry mixture over it, and spread it around evenly. Then press the rest of the oat mixture on top of the fruit. It is totally fine if you can still see the fruit. Bake for about 20 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature. While it is cooling you can make the chocolate drizzle. Add some water to a small pot and using a heat-proof glass bowl, add the chocolate and milk to it. Allow the water to boil, all the while stirring the chocolate. Adjust the amount of milk if needed. When it is completely melted you can drizzle over the bars. Allow the chocolate to set in the fridge. Enjoy!